Since past several years, the off-page factors in SEO are on the rage taking On-Page SEO backseat. While some webmasters consider this as a ‘fuddy-duddy’ optimization, others do stick to traditional way to promote the website and make it up on SERPs. On-Page SEO is what Google looks for –this is the stance what most of the webmasters believe these days but do you agree? What is the truth of Onpage SEO and how does it work, if at all it does!
The ‘On Page’ SEO is defined as the text and content on the website pages. When you edit this content in a way that the spiders (the search engines) crawl faster and put them up on SERPs –Search Engine Result Pages, it becomes onpage SEO. Traditionally, this SEO technique is based on certain page elements mentioned below…
- HTML Tags (<H1>),
- Title Tags,
- Bold Tags, and
- Italic Tags
For instance the company name is used in a heading, bold and italics:
Do you see any difference? In the HTML source, the search phrase ‘Mouls Incorporation’ was put in between the heading tags (<h1>). In second it was between the bold tags and in final, italics. The page title is preferably bold and also enveloped with Header tags that are synchronized in a logical way. Search Engine Optimization is an art and not technology. Not only you require brain to understand the user’s mentality to search terms/words but also intellect to think differently.
You may hire professional SEO for On-Page SEO campaign that can get you good results. Once the optimization is done, link building can help you getting real human traffic. Other than this, relevant meta tags, meta titles and meta description is also necessary to make a web page SEO friendly. You may search for SEO tips but be sure that you fall in right hands, what we call white hat SEO.
If you are not a ‘pro’, these SEO Onpage tips may help you getting better results…
- Content is king! Be sure that the content is unfeigned, 100% unique and passing copy software. It’s advisable to check the content manually too.
- Ensure that all the web pages are indexed by search engine. If not so, try to evaluate and solve.
- Try to get links from different sources but keep in mind that you get links only from relevant content/site. Said that, if you have a webpage containing about health, a link from automobile blog will degrade the page.
- Try to use title tags (H-Tags). The description tag should precisely tell what the topic is all about.
- Make it sure that all the links within your website are complete. For instance, if you are linking to the anchor text ‘health content writer’ page, link it to mouls.in/creative-writing.html and not just creative-writing.html
- Design the URL those are SEO friendly. Ideally the URL describes the page’s content. You can certainly use hyphens and underscore to separate the keywords there.
- Always use descriptive URLs for the images on the webpages.
- Images are preferred with descriptive ALT attributes.
- If you think the sites are not trustworthy, use ‘rel=nofollow’ tag in the links.
- Try to include LSI keywords, you can hire professional SEO content writer for the same.
- Ensure that you got only one version of your website, if not you can use 301 redirect.
- Ensure that you got only one version of the landing page/homepage.
- Use the W3C validator for evaluating the markup language. This ensures that your code is valid and you save your website from being ignored by search engines while crawling.
Due to constant change in search engines’ algorithms and increase in complexity in web technologies, On-page SEO might have lost its charm but it is not completely ignorable matter today.